You are not required to provide your personal information to us, however, if you don’t we may not be able to interact with you or it may limit our ability to engage with you and provide you access to our services.
Collection of your personal information
The service requested by you is likely to determine what personal information we collect. Generally, the kinds of personal information that the Fujitsu ANZ collects include:
* contact and identification details (e.g. name, addresses, email address and phone number);
* gender and date of birth; financial information (e.g. payment method, payment credit card details); and
* information about your interactions with us including any inquiries, requests and/or engagement with our sales or support personnel and/or our websites.
We collect personal information in various ways including when you:
* visit our website(s) (or any application managed by us);
* interact with our advertisements;
* communicate with our sales or support staff via telephone or email;
* register to receive marketing communications;
* interact or follow our social media pages or profiles;
* enter into a competition or promotion;
* participate in a survey or other market research activities;
* request information from us or submit any feedback or query;
* submit job applications or other forms;
* become a Fujitsu General business partner; and
* provide us with personal information by any other means.
We will also collect your personal information to process and communicate with you about your orders and return requests.
In most cases, we collect personal information directly from you or in relation to your engagements with us. There may be some occasions when we collect your personal information from other sources such as from our distribution partners. We will only collect your personal information from other sources if it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect your personal information from you, or if those sources are authorised to collect your personal information and provide it to us.
Use of your personal information
We use your personal information for the purposes for which it is provided to us, other related purposes and as permitted or required by law. Generally, we will collect, use, and hold your personal information for the purposes of:
* confirming your identity;
* facilitating payment for our services;
* processing and fulfilment of your order and return requests;
* communicating with you;
* monitoring, auditing, and evaluating our products and services;
* providing you with marketing information as permitted by law about other products or services that we believe will be of interest to you or to which you have consented;
* facilitating our internal business operations;
* complying with any legal or regulatory requirements;
* dealing with any complaints or enquiries;
* dealing with warranty and maintenance issues or enquiries;
* assessing your employment application;
* assessing your application to become a Fujitsu General business partner;
* informing you of future activities or events and to facilitate improvements to the services provided to you;
* identifying users to prepare customised web pages; and
* any other purposes where consent has been provided.
Disclosure of personal information
We disclose your personal information as necessary to provide our services to you as permitted and/or required by law. This may include disclosing your personal information to:
* our related entities to facilitate our and their internal business processes;
* third party service providers, who assist us in operating our business (including professional advisors, financial advisors and dealers, and technology service providers);
* third party service providers and our related companies for the purpose of providing warranty, and maintenance services;
* our contractors and suppliers, including IT contractors, software application and database designers;
* our business partners;
* any other third parties engaged to perform functions or activities on our behalf, including direct marketing;
* third parties as may be reasonably required as part a sale process or the transfer of the assets and operations of our business; and
* any other third parties engaged to perform administrative or other services.
When we disclose personal information to third parties, we do so on the basis that they may make use of the disclosed personal information for the purpose of the disclosure and not copy, use or disclose the personal information for any other purpose.
We may disclose your personal information to our related entities in Japan. We may also use service providers who may have access to your personal information that are based in the United States of America, and potentially other locations. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer of information to such jurisdictions which may have data protection rules that are different from those in your country of residence. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Information and the protections provided by the Australian Privacy Principles (in particular, Australian Privacy Principle 8) (if you are in Australia) and the Information Privacy Principles (if you are in New Zealand) will not apply.
In the event you no longer wish to receive marketing communications, you can opt-out by contacting us via the contact details set out below or through any opt-out mechanism contained in a marketing communication to you. Please note that if you opt-out you will still receive email communications about your order and return requests.
It is not our practice to collect Sensitive Information unless you have consented, or the collection is required or permitted under law or for purpose of defending or taking legal action. Sensitive information includes information or an opinion about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual orientation or practices, criminal record, health information, genetic information about an individual that is not otherwise health information, biometric information that is to be used for the purpose of automated biometric verification or biometric identification and biometric templates.
Quality and Security
We may store personal information on internal computer databases, local hard drives and/or in hard copy at our offices, and we employ reasonable commercial physical and electronic security measures to protect any records that we hold which contain your personal information. We may also engage third party service providers to assist in storing and processing certain types of personal information for us.
We take reasonable steps to ensure the security and accuracy of personal information we hold, and to protect your personal information from misuse and loss, unauthorised access, interference, modification or disclosure, in accordance with the requirements of the Australian and New Zealand Privacy Acts.
A Cookie is a piece of information that our web server may send to your machine when you visit one of our websites.
A Cookie helps us to recognise you when you re-visit our websites and to co- ordinate your access to different pages on the websites. With most Internet Browsers, you can erase Cookies from your computer hard drive, block all Cookies, or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored.
Links to other sites
We may provide links to third party websites. If you use these links, you will leave our website and we are not responsible for any of these websites, or their usage of your personal information. We recommend that you check the privacy policies on those websites.
Access and Correction
Subject to certain legal exceptions, you have a right to access and seek correction of the personal information we hold about you. You can do so by contacting us as specified below. You may need to provide proof of identity before we can grant access or make a requested change.
If you make a request that we change any personal information we hold about you and we are satisfied that the information is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete or misleading. We will take such steps that are reasonable in the circumstances to correct the information. If we don’t agree to make changes, we will provide you with the reasons for our decision.
Concerns or Complaints
If you are in Australia you can contact us by email on [email protected].
You may also write to:
Privacy Officer Fujitsu General Australia
PO Box 102, St Clair, NSW 2759
If you are in New Zealand you can contact us in New Zealand by email on [email protected]
You may also write to:
Fujitsu General New Zealand
PO Box 33092, Petone 5046
We will investigate your concerns and will respond to you in writing as soon as possible (usually within 14 working days). If you are dissatisfied with our response:
- if you are in Australia you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. Further information about your privacy rights can be found at the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (https://www.oaic.gov.au).
- If you are in New Zealand, you may contact the Privacy Commissioner. Further information about your privacy rights can be found at the website of the Privacy Commissioner (https://www.privacy.org.nz)
Last Updated: September 2020